🚴♂🚴♀CALLING ALL CYCLISTS - OLD, NEW, HIBERNATING OR RETURNING FROM INJURY🚴♂🚴♀
Then our Build up to Brighton novice cycling program is for you!
The program starts in January and does exactly what the name suggests; getting you ready to join our London to Brighton ride in May. You can join at any point in the program to suit you.
“What does the cycling program involve?”
- Sunday rides which build up distance and climbing (we will learn to love hills), starting at around 1hr duration and building to 4hrs+ over the program, and including those all important mid-way coffee (cake) stops
- Introduction to group riding
- Maintenance session. How to keep your bike clean and change your inner tube if you get a puncture
- London to Brighton Ride! (Early May)
“Sounds great, how do I sign up?"
Join Clapham Chasers and search Build up to Brighton on our members Facebook page. There is a members only event page for reference information and all sessions are posted each week to our main member Facebook page.
"Are there any minimum requirements?"
We do have a couple of requirements to keep you and your fellow cycling buddies safe whilst group riding:
- You must ride a drop handle road bike (for safety reasons) but flat pedals are very welcome
- Be confident riding in traffic
- Be responsible for your own safety and capable of getting yourself home
“How much does it cost?"
Nothing! The program is free to all club members.
"When can I start?"
January, look out for weekly posts about Sunday morning rides!
"Can I bring my friends?"
Of course! Get them to become a member of Clapham Chasers and bring them along
“Other questions I haven’t thought of yet”
Ask away at firstname.lastname@example.org